Medical cannabis has been legal in New York for 44 months, almost four years. The first 31 months saw MMJ grow at a snail’s pace, with only 1,300 citizens signing up for cannabis cards. However, over the last 13 months an additional 49,000 New Yorkers received theirs. That means there are more than 50,000 cannabis patients in the state!
Another reason for this rapid increase in MMJ cards? Initially you couldn’t find a New York marijuana doc because they didn’t publicly advertise. But now that NuggMD has reached the Empire State, you can get certified for medical marijuana in no time.
NY Qualifying Medical Conditions
Another 500,000 New Yorkers now qualify for medicinal cannabis because of two added conditions: chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Chronic pain was added in March 2017. The legislation says patients seeking a medicinal marijuana card for treatment must have:
- “Severe debilitating pain which degrades health and functional capability.”
- “Experienced intolerable side effects or has experienced failure of one or more previously tried therapeutic options.”
- “Pain extending three months or more beyond onset, or the practitioner reasonably anticipates that the pain will last three months or more beyond onset.”
PTSD was added in November 2017. While a majority of those affected are war veterans, there are thousands who also suffer since anyone who’s experienced extreme trauma can have it. Many include responders (police, firefighters, paramedics) and abuse survivors (domestic violence, rape, major accidents).
Do you suffer from them or the rest of these qualifying medical conditions? If so, NuggMD can help.
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal cord damage causing spasticity
- Chronic pain (wasting syndrome, seizures and severe muscle spasms, severe nausea)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
NuggMD’s MMJ Certification Process
NuggMD started in the Golden State where it continues to thrive, helping hundreds of thousands of patients get their California MMJ card. Now that their service is in New York, you can get yours. It’s easy, just:
- Have proof of New York state residency (I.D. card, passport, driver’s license).
- Have at least one valid qualifying medical condition.
- Head to NuggMD using your smartphone or laptop. Fill out a short medical questionnaire and give proof of the condition(s).
- See a certified NY MMJ doctor remotely. The consultation only takes about 15 minutes but take all the time you need before you feel ready to use it.
- Pay for your certification. Other services charge for the consultation alone, but you only pay $149 for the certification or $99 for renewals if you’re approved. That’s the lowest price in the state!
- Register with the DOH’s MMJ patient registry program online for $50.
Medical Cannabis Products Available in NY
New York medical cannabis products are restricted to: oils that can be vaped or used in an inhaler, capsules for oral consumption, and tinctures for topical application or oral consumption. Similar to the increase in the number of MMJ cards, the list of available cannabis products may eventually grow to include cannabis flower and edibles.
Besides offering the lowest price, fastest application times, and availability seven days a week, all registered NuggMD patients also receive access to a personal cannabis concierge at no extra cost. These cannabis experts have helped patients better understand MMJ’s potential, solve issues, and buy marijuana in California. Now they’re providing that same level of personal care to all New Yorkers!
Just look for the site’s green live-chat button and connect with a cannabis concierge in real-time. He or she will answer all questions, offer info and product recommendations like the best vape pen cartridges, making the NY medical cannabis system as easy to navigate as possible.
Join the thousands of fellow New Yorkers improving their lives with NuggMD and get your NY MMJ card today!