Boy Electrocuted During Irene Dies
search

Boy Electrocuted During Irene Dies

Reuven Herbst, the 5-year-old Jewish boy, who was electrocuted by a downed power line during Hurricane Irene, has died.

Reuven, of Spring Valley in suburban New York, died last Friday in the pediatric burn unit at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where he had been in critical condition since Aug. 28, according to reports.

The boy and his father were walking through a puddle near their home when they came in contact with a fence that was electrified by the fallen wire.

A neighbor, David Reichenberg, 50, died at the scene trying to pull them from the fence. Reichenberg also was Jewish.

read more:
comments