Current openings at The NY Jewish Week
Young Initiative Outreach Coordinator + Online Editor
The Jewish Week is seeking a talented and passionate individual to lead its Write On For Israel Alumni outreach program and Fresh Ink For Teens online column. This is a full time position.
WOFI and FIFT are programs run by The Jewish Week Media Group. WOFI is a leadership training program for students seeking a deep connection to Israel who are eager to become active and vocal leaders in pro-Israel community and movements on campus. FIFT Is a column written by and for teens on thejewishweek.com.
As the alumni outreach coordinator, the individual will:
- Serve as lead contact/ liaison for alumni reporting and information sharing. This includes monitoring what students are writing in their student newspapers, blogs and other media to share with the larger Write On graduate community.
- Connect Write On alumni with the pro-Israel community on their respective campuses, including Jewish organizations and other Write On students.
- Develop and manage a robust social media presence for Write On alumni.
- Plan alumni networking event bringing Write On graduates together in NY for advanced Israel advocacy training.
As the Editor of Fresh Ink For Teens the candidate will:
- Manage a continuous cohort of writers and recruit new writers as needed. Maintain a network in high schools, youth groups and jewish orgs to find new writers.
- Work one-on-one with the teen writers on their pieces, providing direction and writing assistance as needed.
- Editing the pieces and publishing them online, as well as overseeing social media promotion and new areas of growth for the column.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (with the job title in the subject line) by Feb 3, 2017.